Monday, March 22, 2010

Silly cat!

I am a cat-lover (not the mad cat lady my kids make me out to be) and as such have three lovely cats at present. Sam is a large black and white fluffy boy - he is about 6 years old now. He has a lovely nature and is super friendly. Rascal is a tough-looking ginger tom and is probably about 4 years old. I don't see a lot of Rascal. He visits once or twice a week. He hasn't lost any weight so he has either moved in with someone else or he spends his time sneaking through cat doors getting a feed. Rambo is a little tabby who has a tough name but is the wimpiest cat I know. He is about 3 years old and is scared of his own shadow. So those are my boys! Nice of them to choose me I think.

Rascal is the problem child of the moment. He turned up last week with a gaping wound in the side of his neck so I threw him into a cage and headed to the vet. Apparently he had had an abscess which had not been treated and subsequently burst. $350 later and he was all cleaned and stitched up. The biggest challenge will be that he needs to go back and have the stitches removed in two weeks time. What are the chances he will deign to visit? Not good I suspect. Maybe his other family will take him instead!

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for luck with Rascal. My Zebbycat had a vet visit on Tuesday with general anaesthetic for a teeth descaling/detartaring and to remove a small cyst fromhis back. Amazingly he has been so, so good. No sign of discomfort from the 3 stitiches in his lower back and he accepts his supervised visits outside.

    Confess Zeb is pretty much an indoor lad (he's a rescue cat) with his own litter tray and well trained human so snuggle up to.

    I know - I'm a complete Zebbycat pushover!

    ReplyDelete