Saturday, March 13, 2010

Garden surprises

I would love to be one of those people who has hours to spend in the garden and therefore be on top of everything that is going on. Sadly, with working full-time and having other priorities, that is not the case for me.

The upside of this is that, now and then, I come across little (or sometimes big) surprises. I had noticed a few things seem to have popped up around my compost bin and had realised there were several tomato plants - not much of a bonus for me as I detest tomatoes!

But today I finally had a bit more of a look and I have a pumpkin plant. Not only do I have a pumpkin plant but I also have pumpkins - at least three from the quick look I had this morning. I can see lots of pumpkin soup and other savoury, autumn dishes. Yum!

From the photos below you can also see I am way behind on weeding. Oops!


1 comment:

  1. Forget the weeds - plants like pumpkins and my huge Kamokamo (Zucchini/kumi hybrid) take over and hide the unwanted plants with massive leaves and scrummo "fruit".

    Enjoy your pumpkin harvest, subsequent cooking and the happy eating.

    ReplyDelete