Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One small slip and a big one looming

Today I confess that I bought my breakfast from a cafe - $7.50! It was delicious but it felt so wrong to be eating it. To explain how this came about...... I went to the gym at 5:30am (this is normal for me so don't panic on that!), drove to town and arrived at work too early to get in (7:30am). I then realised that I had an 8am meeting, a 9am meeting and a 10am meeting - no time for breakfast at work which is what I usually do. So I ducked next door to work and had some yummy scrambled eggs on toast with peppermint tea. Maybe this is a justified spend? Or maybe I should have planned things better.

The upcoming big issue is that it's my son's birthday on Monday. I planned ahead on this one and bought his gift last month and thought I was very clever. What I hadn't planned on was his birthday dinner. The way I work birthdays is to let my sons decide what they would like to do for their birthday dinner. I thought I could set things up for a dinner at home - food of his choice. But, when I broached the subject he was dead set on eating out at a stonegrill place. I very subtly tried to sway him but he was firm about what he wanted. So I have agreed - what an indulgent mother I am (some would say over-indulgent). But, you know, it is a long time since we were all out together for a meal (probably February!) so that is what we will do.

3 comments:

  1. im sorry, we can just have a home cooked meal if you like, curry would be nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my darling son if anyone needed that to be pointed out. He's so sweet! The dinner out is a happening thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya

    Well of course if you put the dinner on your credit card you won't be paying for it until next month ;) That's not slipping at all ;)

    Hope you all have a splendid time and many many happy birthday wishes to Alex.

    Love, Nanna and Grandad - wish we were there ;) but that would be more expense ;)

    ReplyDelete